1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what animals have you rescued?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by animallover2202, Dec 14, 2012.

1. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    i dont know where to put this so i just put it here

ok so what animals have you rescued?

i rescued a baby squrriel its mother got hit by a car so my little sister found it and brought it to my house i kept it inside for a week then i let it go i feed it seeds peanut butter and paydays(she loved the paydays haha) she started getting wilder and wilder but she does play with my chickens here and there and i see here every once and a while

2. arcy liger

arcy liger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    just sparrows and kittens......

3. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Dogs, cats, horses, a goat, various wild animals like a beaver that got disoriented in a storm and ended up in our lawn, a snapping turtle that laid her eggs in a compost pile. Pigeons...all the time...[​IMG] There was one in my Silkie roos cage just last night!

Probably the most exciting one was one summer a whitetail buck somehow got seperated from his herd and ended up in our barnyard and panicked. He couldn't make it over the woven wire fence and just slammed himself into it repeatedly. So, my mom and I seen this going on and raced out to help him.

He of course was very scared and became so distraught at us approaching he passed out for a split second, long enough for us to grab him and pull him out of the pasture so he could make it to the woods. Saving animals runs in my family, my dad helps Canadian geese across the roadway along with snapping turtles.

Any animal in distress that I can help, I will. [​IMG]

4. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    If you count fish that live in filthy, small environments? around 5 betta fish from PetSmart.

5. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    coons (moms hit on the road), turtles off the road, dogs, baby rabbits (their mother died),opossums, snakes from the cats, and once a fawn whose mother got hit. I think my favorite are the coons, they are so smart.

6. arcy liger

arcy liger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Yes coons are soo smart (they kill our chickens)

7. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    i count every animal....my dad saved a sea gull that was tangled in some fishing line.... ive saved a couple rabbits from my cats :)

8. jules1329

jules1329 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2012
    South-Central Kentucky
    Chickens, rabbits, opossum, groundhog, kitties, dog, calf, even mice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by