WHAT ARE CHICKEN DIAPERS??!!??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickeepoo, May 23, 2008.

1. chickeepoo

chickeepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Okay- I'm still new and have to come out and say it… I keep hearing about chicken diapers, and I just can't picture it. Is this a joke, or is there really such an item? And do any of you have a pic of one?!

2. kisat

kisat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    I don't have pics, but yes, they are real.

Here ya go. I found this site. Cute! http://www.chickendiapers.com/

I
    read about them when I first got chickens. They're great for people who want be able to have their chickens inside. I'm sure there are other uses, but that's what they are mainly for I think.

3. chickeepoo

chickeepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks--They just got my jaw off the floor. I just checked out the website, and there they were… chickens in diapers. I had to see it myself. I don't think my husband will go for this, but it might be fun to try. I have one hen who is constantly trying to come in the house at the sliding glass door… and all of them have outgrown the cats, so they're safe there.

Actually, the neighborhood stray got a bite on the tail as she passed the hens yesterday- spun around in the air, hissed and ran. The chickens remained unimpressed and unmoved.

4. kisat

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Oh I know. The first time I saw that book article, I myself was going ... huh? But hey, like in your position, it'd work probably [​IMG]

5. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Ok, I'm also new and have been wondering about diapers. I'm glad some one asked. couldn't sleep this morning and I'm trying not to laugh to loud (dh still sleeping). BUT, must admit that if a chicken wanted in my house I would try it. My family will think I've gone nuts. This is great!!!

6. kisat

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Yeh well, I think most of us have already passed that point a loonnnggg time ago - [​IMG]
    I think my pets live, no I 'know,' my pets live better than I do! [​IMG]

7. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    [​IMG] know what you mean

8. paisleycj

paisleycj Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Minnesota
    My hubby and I are both 50, and all he's ever had is one house cat. We now have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 26 chickens. I'm sure he'd be all for having chickens in the house. I have enough trouble finding room on the bed for me, I don't think we have room for the chickens too. I should bring one in, just to take a picture and freak my family out. [​IMG]

9. kisat

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:I think you would - hehehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by