What Are Different Ways To Sex Baby Chicks

-Flash-

Free Ranging
Sep 15, 2021
NSW, Australia
I have 16 baby chickens and I would like to know all the different ways that you can sex chickens, eg; feathers, hanging upside down, personality.
I don't mind if they aren't fool proof. I would like ones that aren't fool proof. Then I can experiment!
Thanks!
Flash ,

I have 16 baby chickens and I would like to know all the different ways that you can sex chickens, eg; feathers, hanging upside down, personality.
I don't mind if they aren't fool proof. I would like ones that aren't fool proof. Then I can experiment!
Thanks!
Flash ,
Hanging upside down = 100% idiotic and dumb.
Personality = sometimes works.
Feathers = really not that accurate.

Yeah, I don't care what they are, I just want to experiment! 🤪 Can you tell me how to do them?
Feather sexing really only works for specific crosses so I don’t know how you’d attempt to do it.
@MysteryChicken, I’m still not a believer, but you feather sex birds and claim it works so…
Hanging upside down - don’t do it. It’s like pinching a baby to see if it’ll cry, and then deciding it’s gender based on that.
Personality- just observe them. Many young cockerels are very outgoing and bold.

Feather sexing really only works for specific crosses so I don’t know how you’d attempt to do it.
@MysteryChicken, I’m still not a believer, but you feather sex birds and claim it works so…
Hanging upside down - don’t do it. It’s like pinching a baby to see if it’ll cry, and then deciding it’s gender based on that.
Personality- just observe them. Many young cockerels are very outgoing and bold.
Yeah, I wasn't going to do that one. I hate it when people hold chickens by their legs!

Back
Top Bottom