what are east Indies, calls & minaiture appleyards like at laying?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oscarsgravett, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    First of all sorry for the long title :)

I have just hatched out 1 east indie, 2 calls and one miniature silver appleyard I'm interested in how much they lay. I do work at a place where they sell a range of duck breeds bit many of them don't go up to PoL. I look on the internet but it tells me a completely different range of numbers so... I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with how many there's lay? :)

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    when laying they lay alot(Calls) but then stop pretty soon, my calls haven't laid for quite awhile now. They have a pretty short season imo. Can't help with the others don't own those breeds.

3. Oscarsgravett

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Thank for for sharing I didn't know they have a short season thank you :)

4. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    All of those breed have short laying seasons. At least here (Northern USA) they do. They typically lay late March/early April through June/July. Sometimes they will lay a few in late fall/early winter. Calls should lay the roughly 80 (give or take) per year. BEI should lay around 100 per year, and the appleyards should lay the most, just over 100 egg per year

5. Oscarsgravett

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Thanks for the info very helpful :) they sound more realistic numbers rather than some of the figures some websites quote

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by