what are EE`S

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by golden comets, Feb 10, 2009.

1. golden comets

golden comets Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2009
    YOU SAY YOU HAVE EE`S WHAT ARE THEY?

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    They are Easter Eggers, a mutt bred that isn't pure or to be confused with Aruracanas.

3. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Easter Eggers. They lay green, blue and sometimes pink eggs. [​IMG]

4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Basically chickens bred to produce colored eggs but not bred to meet any standard. They can sometimes be a mix of anything and occasionally you get some that don't lay colored eggs because of that. All hatchery araucanas, ameraucanas, and whatever spelling you/they want to use are actually EEs and rarely purebred. Even if they are purebred they have been bred only for egg production not to show standard and lack many of the basics that make up any of the purebred blue/green layers.

5. golden comets

Jan 31, 2009
    Thanks for the info,I have since ordered 10 araucana chicks they will be here may 4 th along with 10 golden comets.

6. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Where did you order Araucanas from? If it was from a hatchery chances are you are going to be getting Easter Eggers as they use the name Araucana / Ameraucana to market them. If you want true Araucanas, you will want to look for a breeder.

You may want to check this thread out.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128806

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Indeed... you will want to read up on them [​IMG] I have all 3 Araucana, Ameraucana and Easter Eggers and I ADORE my EEs! [​IMG] I hope you enjoy yours! [​IMG]

8. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    They're a fabulous breed, you'll love them no matter what you decided to call them. [​IMG]

9. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I have 10 of them and they are pretty large even at 7 weeks. They are also the least trusting, not mean, but mine complain loudly when we hold them.

What is cool is that they can look like anything. Here are two photos showing the contrast:

This is Carmelita:
    [​IMG]

and this is Lady Blackbeard:
    [​IMG]

I can't wait until they start laying!

10. golden comets

Jan 31, 2009
    Thanks for the info,I just found out how to get to the threads that I wrote on.They are a week old now,I ordered them from my milling company so I don`t know if they are true auracana but they are cute and hope that they lay the colored eggs,I still can figure out how to post pictures or I would send pictures

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by