1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are it's chances of survival?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KDailey, Sep 14, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    So yesterday was lockdown on my eggs. While taking the eggs out of the auto turner and putting them into the incubator on the wire I accidentally dropped on of my polish eggs. It didn't drop very far, maybe a foot, but it hit the auto turner and it's slightly busted almost like when you intend to crack the egg and hit it on the edge of the counter/bowl/etc. It's not an open hole, just a dent and then several small cracks leading away from the dent.

What are it's chances of survival and actually hatching? They're due Thursday/Friday.

2. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Did any blood come out? If not get your self some candle wax and seal it back up.. It will be OK and should still hatch.. it's just going to be easier now. HAHA Candle wax has work wonderfully for me. I dropped one on day 4 and it cracked I put candle wax on it. Sure enough the little guy hatched out.

3. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    So it has a chance! That's great. Whew!

4. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Oh definitely

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by