What are my baby chicks???

jessalea22

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
Mississippi
I have 5 chicks that have come from the pullets at our local farm store. 2 were sold as Dominiques (I'm thinking Barred Rocks, and 1 was sold as Americauna (I'm thinking EE). The other I really have no clue because it was given to my child on Easter. The littlest was sold as a Barred Rock.

This is Bella....Dominique (Barred Rock?) born week before Easter

This is Paisley (no clue on this one's breed..born week before Easter

This is Itsy...Dominique (Barred Rock ?) born week after Easter

This is Rocket......Americauna (EE?) born week after Easter

This is Sophie.....Barred Rock? Just got this sweet little today. The others aren't extremely fond of her, but hoping for the best!

Idk, but I love the names.
smile.png
Bumping this up for you.

I have 5 chicks that have come from the pullets at our local farm store. 2 were sold as Dominiques (I'm thinking Barred Rocks, and 1 was sold as Americauna (I'm thinking EE). The other I really have no clue because it was given to my child on Easter. The littlest was sold as a Barred Rock.

This is Bella....Dominique (Barred Rock?) born week before Easter

This is Paisley (no clue on this one's breed..born week before Easter

This is Itsy...Dominique (Barred Rock ?) born week after Easter

This is Rocket......Americauna (EE?) born week after Easter

This is Sophie.....Barred Rock? Just got this sweet little today. The others aren't extremely fond of her, but hoping for the best!
Bella and Itsy could be dominques or barred racks. They both have similar patterns. Sophie looks like my barred rock chicks, but I've never had a Dominique, so don't know what their chicks look like, but they are probably similar as well. I think you are right about Rocket being and EE, because of the leg coloring. As for Paisley, I really don't know. There are too many red chickens! Lol

Back
Top Bottom