what are my chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by critergiter09, Jan 12, 2013.

1. critergiter09

critergiter09 New Egg

Jan 12, 2013
    east tennessee
    Hello,
    I am new to this site... I am looking for some help on what breeds my chickens are. i bought them as chicks and have enjoyed watching them grow. they have even gave us baby chicks as of yesterday :)

speckles the rooster is first... he is feather footed..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next is a black hen, also with featherd feet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next our red hens.. one has a larger and wavy comb... thought it was a rooster....till it laid an egg.
    and the other red one is sitting on a nest of 4 baby chicks, and 5 eggs... her and our (i think i know the breed) frizzled chochin, took turns laying and sitting on the nest. these do not have feathered feet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and i think this one is a frizzled chochin

[​IMG]

2. critergiter09

critergiter09 New Egg

Jan 12, 2013
    east tennessee
    oh also i should mention.. they all seem to lay shades of light brown eggs... except for the black and white rooster of course.. lol ...
    the black hens feathers turn a green/blue/purple in the sunlight... so does the roosters tail.
    and the frizzle cochin has blue feet.

i have been trying for months to figure out what breed i have.. i purchased all of them from a man who was going to use them for snake food. i didnt bother to ask what breed they were, i just wanted to get them out of there lol.[​IMG]

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    cochin
    cochin
    mix
    a frizzle

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the roo and black hen are cochins the two reds are mixes the frizzled one might be a sizzle or a frizzled mix like the reds as they all have crests

5. critergiter09

critergiter09 New Egg

Jan 12, 2013
    east tennessee
    thanks yall. so far out of the babies that have hatched there are 2 yellow ones without feathered feet. 1 gray one with out feathered feet. and 1 black speckle one with feathered feet. i dont think the rest of the eggs will hatch though, even though she is keeping them nice an warm. i'd say the chicks may start exploring and cause momma to leave the nest. i wish we had an incubator. its really warm here tonight so im not too worried about them getting chilled. oh' how i cant wait to see those little fuzzy faces in the morning [​IMG]

6. Allicoop

Allicoop Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2012
    Western Australia
    Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me what you breed the brown chick is and the lamington coloured one may be?
    [​IMG]

7. Allicoop

Allicoop Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2012
    Western Australia
    Anyone???? No idea........

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    x2

9. Twoodz

Twoodz Chillin' With My Peeps