1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are my chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Isaacman, May 13, 2009.

1. Isaacman

Isaacman Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Austin
    I have 3 different kinda and all female (so the store said) but i dont know what breed they are, or if they are meat birds or egg laying or what. i wanted egg birds so i could keep them for a pet, help please

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Isaacman

Isaacman Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    Austin
    anyone know??

3. gel2727

gel2727 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    CT
    The 2 brown ones are Easter Eggers, they lay green to blue eggs, the 2 yellow ones could be buff orpingtons? Hard to say, I can't really see the feather color. The white ones are possibly leghorns. These are all egg laying breeds. I'm not sure on these, but usually when you get them at a store, they are laying breeds. It will be easier to tell what they are as they get older. Whatever they are, they sure are cute:D

4. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Without seeing their legs, I would guess Easter Egger or Brown Leghorn for the brown ones, Golden Comets for the buff ones and White Leghorns for the white ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by