What are my chicks?

Brie6895

Songster
6 Years
May 13, 2013
Magnolia Springs, AL
Just got a few new babies as my others were unfortunatly killed by a neighbors dog this past weekend :( I would appreciate if someone could tell me what they believe these chicks are.

I was told I have a
Silver Partridge Silkie
Blue Orpington
Americana &
Partridge Cochin

This one I am most confused about because I've had Cochins and their bodies are normally more "chubby" idk to me it just doesn't look like any Cochin chick I've had in the past, but it has somewhat feathered feet.

This one I got a day before from a small town feed store the daughter of the owner had no idea what she is and neither do I.

If yall could tell me what yall would guess these are I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd be glad to post more pics if some of these angles arnt clear.

The first 3 look correct to what you were told. I dunno about 4 and 5. They are all beautiful, tho!! Blue Orpingtons are pretty rare, I think.

Yes the first three correct four looks like a d'Uccle of some sort maybe a Millie fleur d'Uccle but I'm not sure and the last one looks like a Production red.

Dang I really hope she's not a duccle. I had one with my first round of chickens and all the LF would pick on her and it got to the point where she would stay inside the coop all day just to get away from them and eventually got hurt. Would I be able to tell more in a week? Because I may have to take her back and trade her in for something different.
This time all the chicks will be raised up together except for the two chicks I have outside (around the same size as her right now) but all of these pictured above will be put in the run at the same time. Maybe they won't mess with her as they get bigger?

Back
Top Bottom