What are my girlies???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rvroman, Mar 16, 2012.

1. rvroman

rvroman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    [​IMG]
    This is my first girlie!

[​IMG]
    Rhode Island Red??? Thinking of naming her Lillith, she is my biggest. Very interested in my dog too!

[​IMG]
    I think she may be a Barred Rock? She is giving me some problems, they were all banded on there wings (not such a fan of that practice) except my Bantam. When the guy at the store removed her band I think her skin had started to grow onto the band. She really has yet to shut up since we have been home. She also had a very tiny yellow spot on her head and wing tips

[​IMG]
    She is my Bantam, pretty sure she is a she, at least my fingers are crossed, she passed the flip her on her back trick and (gently)hang upside down trick. Not putting to much stock into it, but I really hope she is a she. She has furry feet feathers too!

Any ideas would be great, I would like to know what I got.

Thanks
    Rachel

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Well they are still fluffy little chicks so it's hard to determine, they could be Red Sex-Links or Rhode Island Reds. The bantam I can't really tell..

3. they're awfully young...

4. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    When they feather in some more it will be easier to see their breed [​IMG]

5. rvroman

Mar 14, 2012
    I kinda figured, I am just super excited which leads to a serious lack of patience!![​IMG]

6. rvroman

Mar 14, 2012
    Should I be worried about Lillith's comb, could she really be a he? She also towers over the other chicks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    ...that most definately looks like a rooster...yikes! I think you have a Leroy...is it a buttercup?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by