What are my girls?

jaredthefox

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 4, 2015
Marshall Texas
I was given these girls the owner didn't know what they are. I am curious if they are a breed or a barnyard mix? One of these girls lays a dark brown egg with speckles on it. See pic.

My knowledge and experience is way too limited to have an answer for that... Seems like brown egg layers can vary quite a bit on shade of eggs. I'm curious to see what more experienced people have to say.

I am by no means an expert, but one of the pictures above looks like it could be a poor quality FBCM. I don't see any leg feathers and the copper is barely there, but it has the right basic shape and comb. I have three of them and they all lay an egg that looks just like the brown speckled one.

I am by no means an expert, but one of the pictures above looks like it could be a poor quality FBCM. I don't see any leg feathers and the copper is barely there, but it has the right basic shape and comb. I have three of them and they all lay an egg that looks just like the brown speckled one. 

It is possible that the hen in question is. I know that I have gotten one from the same person. The first pic is the girl to be suspected to be a fbcm. She dies not have furry legs. The second and third is one I have been told by other BYC members is a FBCM.

Most of them look like Black Sex-Links. The ones that have feathers on their legs may be Black Copper Marans.

Back
Top Bottom