What are my "Rainbow Layers"?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Arztwolf, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Arztwolf

Arztwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas
    I got my shipment of 15 Rainbow Layers + 1 "rare" chick in today. Would love to know what they are, thanks. I know I probably have several of the same kind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
    The black and chipmunk patterned ones look like my ameraucana and Easter egger chicks I bought in June which are blue/green layers. Hope this helps!

3. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    You will probably have to wait a little longer as several breeds have similar chick down. The black ones could be Austrolorps or black sex links. The yellow chick could be a Leghorn or white Rock. The brown chipmunk ones could be Easter Eggers, Wyandottes, speckled Sussex or Welsummers, or even a combination. The reddish ones are probably red sex links but could also be New Hampshire reds or production reds. I'm sure I'm forgetting some likely breeds too.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

5. newdschickmom

newdschickmom New Egg

Oct 10, 2014
    We also got the rainbow layers, and ours look just like yours. We got ours Oct. 1. Have you been able to determine their types since yours are a bit older now?

6. Arztwolf

Arztwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas
    I have some Easter Eggers, Production Reds, Welsummers and I think three Black Rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by