What are some docile chicken breeds?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by angeldoxie1, Sep 1, 2010.

1. angeldoxie1

angeldoxie1 In the Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    Our rooster is a real butt-head to me and not to my mom [​IMG]
    He doesn't do the kinda stuff I've read about, such as finding food and calling the girls so they can have it. No he doesn't do that, instead he tries to eat it all up and steal from
    the girls. And I don't know what breed he is so I'm not sure what his breeds' temperment is suppoed to be. (How do you post pictures on here? Instead of a link, you know like you can actually see it on the page?)
    My parents are considering making yum yum outta him. But I like roosters and I would like to know a breed that is friendly...
    Oh and we got our chickens from an animal auction, so that's why I don't know what he is.

2. nhnanna

nhnanna Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Cochins and Brahmas are very docile. Good luck. [​IMG]

3. moondog425

moondog425 Chirping

Jul 29, 2010
    tn
    Go to uploads, then browse to find the pic on your pc. when you find it double click on it then hit submit. then copy and paste the link to your post.

4. angeldoxie1

Jun 10, 2010
    Quote:Cochins and brahmas? Nooo sonny boy.... I thought my roo was a light brahma for some time. Then I noticed he had a single comb and wasn't as fat and as big as other brahma roos. Then I figured maybe he's a Delaware. Not that either, my roo has feathered legs as Delawares do not. Maybe he's a Columbian Cochin? I googled that and they look a bit small to be my boy. Plus they're feathers were big and made em' look bigger, my roo doesn't have poofy/humongous feathers.
    How do you post pics? Not a link, like so you can actually see the pic on the page.

5. Lorije1

Lorije1 Songster

Mar 13, 2010
    Quote:My only roo is an EE and he is super sweet... I love my Brahma and JG girls though
    I just spent 2 weeks with a VERY sweet BO roo.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  6. angeldoxie1

Jun 10, 2010
    Quote:i dont have uploads on my laptop, so do i click on pictures in my library?

7. moondog425

moondog425 Chirping

Jul 29, 2010
    tn
    Its on the blue byc tool bar at the top of this page.
    Quote:i dont have uploads on my laptop, so do i click on pictures in my library?

8. emys

emys Songster

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Dorkings are pretty mellow.

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Brahmas
    Orpingtons