What are some good feathered leg/feet breeds?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rooster brandon., Nov 2, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    What are some good feathered leg/feet brees im looking for some but i dont know witch breed has the best feathered legs/feet breeds?

2. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

One word, Cochins.

At least that's my opinion!

3. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    "Good Breed" is a very relative description.

Good for what? laying eggs, going broody, raising a clutch, eating, for raising in hot climates, etc?

4. Heartlandrabbitry

Heartlandrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Washington
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. Firearia

Quote:I think the poster was referring to the feathering on the feet/legs. At least that's what I got out of it... Plus, Cochins are an all around good bird.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  6. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Yeah i n known that but im been looking at some and the guy said he would call back in like 5 min but ended up being 10 o-clock saying he will call me tomorrow and he said 1 of the hens are aggressive and it plucks the other hens feathers..............but back on topic any other great breeds like cochins?

7. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    all i want to know is witch breeds have the best feathered legs and feet and they dont have to lay that much but its better if they lay allot you know?

8. Firearia

rooster brandon. :

Yeah i n known that but im been looking at some and the guy said he would call back in like 5 min but ended up being 10 o-clock saying he will call me tomorrow and he said 1 of the hens are aggressive and it plucks the other hens feathers..............but back on topic any other great breeds like cochins?

d'Uccles are my personal favorite! Though not as feather-footed as a Cochin.​

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  9. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Oh and i forgot to ask the question if theres any good feathered feet/legs stander sized chicken i have to many of the other.......

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Sultans are pretty good layers and have super wide feathered feet. A bit small, so really only good as an ornamental breed. If I don't forget, I'll post a picture of ours tomorrow.
    BTW, I've never noticed our Cochin bantams picking on each other, but the standards do untill they get the pecking order established.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by