What are some of the best incubators ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by al6517, Dec 4, 2008.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I am thinking that I want to try hatching eggs, I am going to develop a breeding program and hatch eggs, I think I will have some big fun with it. What I would like to know is what are the best incubators to buy?, I want a 30-40 egg hatching capacity w/egg turners and temp & humidity controller. I have read so many post where people have had problems with certain bators, I just want to make the right choice first. I am not a penny pincher nor do I want a zillion $'s on a bator either. What are some brands I should pay attention to and maybe some options that are a must have on a bator ?. any help would be great ( MissPrissy ).

AL

2. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'd say the top 2 to look into would be the Brinsea 40, and the Hovabator Genesis 1588 w/ turner. There is a drastic cost difference (the Brinsea is about 500$ and the Hovabator Genesis w/ turner about 150$)

I personally own a Hovabator Genesis 1588 (forced air) w/ turner, Hovabator 1602 still air, and an LG still air w/ turner. The Genesis is my " 'bator", the 1602 my "hatcher" and the LG is for any overflow and for my children to hatch with.

The Genesis is an awesome 'bator and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    You mentioned a good point, I also would like the bator to have forced air capacity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by