What are the 2 brown ones in the back?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sunflowerparrot, Jun 2, 2012.

1. sunflowerparrot

sunflowerparrot Songster

Jun 1, 2012
    Winfield, KS
    (Would also be interested in the other breeds too of the black, yellow and dark brown) But mostly curious about the 2 twins.. I got all of these at Atwoods. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. The twins look like easter egger chicks (they are lovley, you will have a fab time with them two!)
    The mainly black one with some white on, looks like barred rock
    The yellow is hard to tell, could be white leghorn...??? but unsure..
    Enjoy them!!!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. sunflowerparrot

sunflowerparrot Songster

Jun 1, 2012
    Winfield, KS
    Thanks! I've never touched, let alone owned, chickens before getting the 2 little twins 2 weeks ago from a tractor supply type of store. This is a huge dream of mine coming true! I started looking at chick identifications and I keep coming up with the Easter Eggers - yay!! I'm so excited and hope that is what they are.. now, hopefully they'll turn out to be hens :)

My boyfriend and I have 27 acres that I am going to be moving to in about another 4 weeks - we are going to put together a chicken tractor for short term housing and then I plan on putting up a nice coop enclosed by a 25' x 25' divided fenced area for them.

I've fallen in love with this community and have no idea how I am going to be able to go to work ever again after getting chickens and finding this community with all the great posts and information! lol

4. sukr4chkns

sukr4chkns In the Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Welcome sunflower, those are some beautiful chicks you have there. I'm curious to know what the other ones are. Keep us posted. I've become addicted to chickens. The wife and I are already plotting out our new coop. We are going to take one of our sheds that has an open front and divide it into two runs so we can start trying to raise our own chicks. My girls are so excited, as they really love the chickens too. We got our first eggs yesterday and to see their faces light up and their excitement when they found them was enough to make my year!!

Enjoy your babies!!

sukr4

5. yorklady

yorklady Chirping

May 12, 2012
    Welcome Sunflower! BYC peeps are the best. I am a newbie also and this forum has been a huge help to me! Your chicks are adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: