What are the Best Chicken Names?

mcintyrelr20

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2017
I was wondering if you have any creative names for chickens. What are your favorites? One of my favorites online is Hillary (Diane Rodham) Clucken.
-mcintyrelr20

Mine are Perlo, Alfredo (white rocks), General Tsao, and Nugget. The rest are not named, because I can't really tell them apart (yet). Perlo has feathered legs and I figured she needed a fancy sounding name to go with her fancy legs.

My next favorite names are Noodle, Patty, Popcorn and Biscuit. And I really want to name a Rooster Gordon Bleu. These names will probably be given to some of my 2 week old EE's.

My list of possible names:

Bog
**Nugget
Biscuit
Tender
Soup
**Alfredo
**Perlo
Parmesan
**General tsao
Sweet and sour
Crispy
Stir fry
Wing
Patty
Cordon bleu
Sesame
Stew
Noodle
Popcorn
Buffalo
Marsala
Kung pao

Mine are Perlo, Alfredo (white rocks), General Tsao, and Nugget. The rest are not named, because I can't really tell them apart (yet). Perlo has feathered legs and I figured she needed a fancy sounding name to go with her fancy legs.

My next favorite names are Noodle, Patty, Popcorn and Biscuit. And I really want to name a Rooster Gordon Bleu. These names will probably be given to some of my 2 week old EE's.

My list of possible names:

Bog
**Nugget
Biscuit
Tender
Soup
**Alfredo
**Perlo
Parmesan
**General tsao
Sweet and sour
Crispy
Stir fry
Wing
Patty
Cordon bleu
Sesame
Stew
Noodle
Popcorn
Buffalo
Marsala
Kung pao

What, no Curry?

I just got my chicks last weekend. Their names are:

Biscuit - Buff Orpington
Rufus - Rhode Island Red
Pepper - Barred Rock
Pebbles - Silver Laced Wyandotte
Blue - Light Brahma
Pajama - Dark Brahma
Nutmeg(meg) - Golden Laced Wyandotte
Voodoo (V) - Black Australorp

The folks on my floor at work get a kick out of my chickens...I swear they're actually excited when there is something left over when they order lunch for the floor and I can take it home for my chickens.

So, I started a little "name one of my chickens" contest on our internal collaboration web site. Little did I expect it'd go global!

I work at a big company, and the message got a lot of attention...with suggestions pouring in from not just my floor, and my building, or my state, but from across the company...including from North Carolina, Ireland, and India.

I thought the winning entry was cute - "Yolk O Ono".
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom