what are the best hatcheries to buy hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by WarrenHound, Sep 29, 2012.

1. WarrenHound

WarrenHound Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2012
    texas
    i am trying to find a hatchery that will sell me at most 30 eggs or at least 10, to test in my incubator since i have had some bad luck last time the locals in my area have not been very helpful in selling hatching eggs unfortunately.

breeds i like:

cochin, d'uclles, silkies, ohiki, sumatra, lavender orpingtons, top hat breeds.

ideas on a hatchery as i think that might be cheaper than some of the locals that sell common breeds that are not show Q for Show Q prices...i dont mind if the birds i get are show Q...but if the hatchery is cheaper i will go there please list some thank you.

2. Cool Peeps

Cool Peeps Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2012
    IDEAL or MEYER hatcheries either one

3. WarrenHound

WarrenHound Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2012
    texas
    ideal to my knowledge doesnt sell hatching eggs...and meyer doesnt sell what i am wanting..they sell a bantam assortment but it doesnt tell me of what..and its hatcheries choice

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    You are going to pay postage to ship and go to the effort of taking care of the eggs for a month. Buy some decent eggs from a serious breeder. Look down at the bottom of BYC and under the auction section, you will find people to buy eggs from.

If you want hatchery birds, Metzers sells hatching eggs, if you want ducks. Porter's sells hatching eggs if you want turkeys. Duane Urch sells hatching eggs of many breeds of chicken and he has some decent quality and some less common breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by