what are the chances of it surviving???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ducklove334, May 17, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    ok, so onfriday, we went to "the chicken ladies", she breeds all sorts of crap, and got what what were supposed to be americaunas,12 eggs. and I got 6 cochin eggs.

we had just gotten 20 D'uccle eggs from wwmicasa1, on thursdY,I set all the eggs on saturday at the same time.

WELL! I went out to check the broodies and their eggs, then I decided to check the eggs due to hatch the 27th(I let the humidity drop too low a few days ago, resulting in the death of the duckling that hatched (he looked wierd and was very small), the other duckling,and the two chicks that hadn't hatched. I think I saw a few move.

I picked up one of the 1 day(or supposed to have FRESH on friday), cochin eggs, and saw what I believe to be a atleast a week along incubated egg!, very dark mass, not clear, and what looks like veins at the bottom!!!,

now these cochin eggs sat for two days before being put in the bator, it's the only one, but I SWEAR thats what it looks like.

what are the chances of this little embryo having survived the two days without heat or being turned??

I've seen eggs survive everything, Natilie our little tiny OEG left her nest a few days ago for who knows how long, the egg was freezing cold ,but she went back and it's still been growing, I believe it should hatch within the week.

2. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    anyone??[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by