What are the chances????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by duckyfromoz, Jun 25, 2010.

1. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have been hatching out small numbers of Indian Runner ducklings over the last 6 weeks..Sold a few already- and there is a lady coming to buy some tomorrow. I told her she can choose out of the ten I have here- and she said she isnt too fussed about colour or age- but wants a male and a female. Most are at an age I can sex by the voice now. The five I already sold were 1 male and 4 females.

But my dilemma is..... I think all ten I have here now are female. [​IMG] I hear definite loud quacking voices from 8 of them- and going by the colouring of the other two- they are also females...So if I am correct - So far from 15 ducklings hatched I had 1 male and 14 female.

Anyone else ever had the fortune to have a male to female ratio like that before???

2. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    sounds like a good ratio to me LOL unless you wana sell em!

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have a few spare adult drakes at the moment.....But she wants babies.... I have been listening to the noises they were just making while eating breakfast.... all 6 older babies are def. female.... The younger 4 are the ones I cant be certain about- but I can hear two girls minimum in that brooder... If the lady was driving three hours to come and get them- I would offer her some kind of arrangement- or get her to come back when I have more boys.... I am happy to have so many girls....But just hope it doesnt mean that I will have a few hatches that are all boys coming up soon to even out the numbers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by