1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are the odds?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by shelleyd2008, Jan 24, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    When I hatched my button quail, I told my friend Meri that I would give her some. She wanted either a male and 3 females or 2 pair. So I told her that 2 pair would be better. She came and got them when they were 1 week old, with the agreement that if she ended up with all girls or no girls, we would swap back. She has 2 pair!!! How unbelievable is that??? What are the odds that I would reach into that brooder and pick out a silver pair, a wild hen (the only one btw [​IMG]) and a cinnamon blue-face splash male? Unbeleivable!!!

And then, I was cleaning the box my jumbo babies are in. I traded a male and 5 females to Meri yesterday for some chickens. I am selling a quad to someone else next week. I lost one male about a week ago (thought he could swim with the ducks I guess!). So guess what this will leave me with? 1 male and 4 females!! Another what are the odds? I hatched 16 jumbos from 21 eggs, and only 4 of them were males? That is so cool!!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    You couldnt do that if you was trying to. Thats pretty neat.

3. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Go to Vagas!!!! Luck is on her side![​IMG]

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    i never saw this post! That is way cool!

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Too bad I didn't have even numbers instead on the buttons [​IMG] I know I have 9 males for sure, so that's possibly 7 females. Not too bad if that's the way it is, cause one of the males was from a different hatch. So this hatch had (I think) 10 males and 9 females! Not too shabby! And the jumbos was 4 males and 12 females. That one was too good! I'll probably get all males next time! [​IMG]

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Too bad I didn't have even numbers instead on the buttons [​IMG] I know I have 9 males for sure, so that's possibly 7 females. Not too bad if that's the way it is, cause one of the males was from a different hatch. So this hatch had (I think) 10 males and 9 females! Not too shabby! And the jumbos was 4 males and 12 females. That one was too good! I'll probably get all males next time! [​IMG]

if you keep being lucky though every other coturnix breeder will give you sneery looks for being so lucky! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by