What are the prices for Cria's?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Florida chick, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    How much would you pay for a quality Fiber Cria baby about 6 months old, registered and microchipped. Boys? and Girls? thanks Kari

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Since you are talking about 'fiber' cria, I am assuming you are talking Alpaca and not Llama.

Although Llama fiber is becoming more popular, Alpaca is still the highest in demand.

I know that different areas of the country have widely different prices. Around here you can expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand for the type of cria that you are asking about. It's really hard to say because the quality of fiber is really the key. Without seeing it, there's no way to give a better price.

Our neighbors have a large Alpaca ranch and have very nice animals. They get up to around $30,000 for a few of their really high quality animals.

I have another friend who had Ok fiber and couldn't give her Alpacas away last year!

3. scarter

scarter Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Roberts, WI
    oooooooo What are YOU looking at? I would say the same thing as Chirpy. You'd have to look at the cria in question and then look at the parents.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by