1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are their genders?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Deleon98, May 18, 2016.

1. Deleon98

Deleon98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I think the muscovy is a female and the pekin a male. They are both about 11 1/2 weeks The pekin is a lot larger than the muscovy. I dont know how to sex by sound bc ive never had ducks before them and i cant compare sizes cause they're the only two that i have. I can see that the muscovy's carnucles are coming in cause its pink around where the beak meets the face. I'll post a picture of them when i get a chance

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    I've only known to sex ducks by the "sex feather" that the males had and I don't see an obvious one on either? :) So I hope that you have both girls!

3. Deleon98

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are some pics today

4. Ghibli

Ghibli Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2016
    Gold Coast, Australia
    I don't know much about muscovies, but I would guess that's a girl based on size? hopefully someone else with experience can help.

How loud is the Pekin? do they make any quack sounds? or is it quiet and raspy?

5. Deleon98

Dec 26, 2015
    Florida
    Theyre both pretty quiet but the pekin has a low raspy voice. I think i heard one of them quack but idk who

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by