What are these 13-week-old Bantams?

monicawilcox

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Sebastopol, CA
Bought some hatchery chicks from the feed store: Bantam Assortment (Ideal). Having a little trouble identifying some of them.
Is this the Blue Breasted Red OEG? Just started crowing.
25802_img_2567.jpg

Is this a Dark Cornish? Hen or roo?
25802_img_2589.jpg

25802_img_2580.jpg

This one has black legs, black beak, black eyes and tiny black comb/wattles. Blue OEG? Hen?
25802_img_2601.jpg

25802_img_2574.jpg

This is a mystery. I think she has a bit of a crooked back, since her wings don't hang straight & she is kind of hunched over. Hen?
25802_img_2550.jpg

25802_img_2592.jpg

Thanks for the help.

just guessing, and by no means an expert

the roo is possibly a blue lace Wyandotte and the first hen is a gold laced wyandotte? the second hen is a "blue" something, possibly a Blue Dutch?

Again, just guessing by comparing to pictures of Bantams available at Ideal

Blue breasted red OEGB cockerel. the "Cornish" is a golden laced wyandotte cockerel
wink.png
. the little hen is a OEGB most likely, But rather blue/self blue i can't really tell. She's too light to be a blue but too dark for a self blue in my opinion, though i would say she is a self blue (Or lavander, same thing but some people prefer lavander to self blue and vice versa) The other i have no idea but it's some kind of splash.. and looks like a pullet.

Last edited:
Well, it makes sense. I have a Gold Laced Wyandotte bantam hen, and I thought the gold-laced bird looked too bulky to be a Wyandotte. However, looking at the saddle I can see how it could be a roo, and therefore it would be bigger. Still would love to know about the little "splash". Maybe I'll give her a couple of weeks and post again. Thanks, everybody.
love.gif

Quote:
Her body and head make's me think she is a cornish, and she appears to have a peacomb as well.. But i've never seen any in the splash color, so yes please do post when she "developes" more
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom