what are these 3 bantam chicks?

MNmommy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
central MN
Hi I got 12 bantams today and I know all of them except these 3. I took 3 pics of each just to help get the different angles. Also I got 4 silkies and 2 are a little bigger in size does that usually mean they will be roos?? or just like people we all come in different sizes at first? Thanks. I love these lil cuties but our city won't allow roos so I can't get too attached. Also the breeder said they hatched last night and not to give food or water till tomorrow??? Should I wait or give them something now?

this is#1

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

this is #2 ( have 2 of these)

IMG_9945.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

this is #3 (looks like the first one but different shade)

IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9956.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

# 1 looks like a Lt Brahma Bantam and # 3 looks like a Buff Brahma Bantam. I am not sure about # 2, I am more familiar with the other two- Brahmas are my favs.

this might be a silly question but....if they came from a breeder didnt' they know what breeds they had?
hu.gif

as far as food/water, I make it available, they seem to like to peck around......

I believe one and three are brahmas, one a light (maybe buff) and three a buff. I just don't remember my lights having that much gold on their heads as babies.
I believe #2 is a cochin, but not positive.

They came from a breeder but my first choices weren't all available so I said you can fill my order with other bantams he had. He wasn't too chatty and I have been pestering him for the last month on the phone with many questions so when I went to pick the chicks up I just paid and left.... I felt like he was glad to be rid of me.

If they've got single combs, they're cochins. If they've got pea combs, they're brahmas. I can't tell what their combs are from your pics.

I gave my brand new babies food as soon as I took them away from their mama, within 24 hours after hatch. I sprinkled feed on their paper towel, and put the feeder in there, and they immediately started eating. Doesn't seem to have hurt them... maybe what he meant was you don't have to feed them right away?

I took a few more pics and tried to get a good closeup of the comb. If it is a cochin what color? Is it silver laced or black? also how do you pronounce cochin?

IMG_9963.jpg

IMG_9991.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

thanks

Those don't look like single combs, so I'm thinking they must be brahmas. I've never had brahmas, though, so I can't even guess on the color. They're darling! How are they eating?

Quote:
I did give them food and water last night and they couldn't get enough!!! I am glad I didn't make them wait until today. Hopefully they all do well. One little silkie sleeps a lot more and isn't as active as all the others so not sure if she will do as well or not???

Back
Top Bottom