What are these babies??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stefzbiz, Nov 3, 2011.

1. stefzbiz

stefzbiz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I bought what I thought was 4 silky chicks, I think I ended up with 2 silkys and 2 something cute I don't mind either way, I am just hoping to learn more about what ever it is that I have. They all have black legs, 5 toes, but the brown and the cream have regular looking featherss, the brown one has a big walnut looking comb coming in. the cream has a grayish yellow single come starting.

they are all 4 weeks old

this is the brown one, "trouble" does have featherd feet/ legs
    [​IMG]

this is the cream, "raptor" has crazy big feathers on legs/ feet
    [​IMG]

this is "poopie" seems to be more silky
    [​IMG]

and this is "quack"
    [​IMG]

any ideas would be great
    Thanks
    we started building their coop this afternoon, hope to have it liveable by tomorrow, I don't think it will ever be done though [​IMG]

2. NightsInWhiteSilkies

NightsInWhiteSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2011
    I have no clue but they are sooooo adorable! lol...

3. stefzbiz

Oct 3, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Thanks! Trouble is starting to get bigger than the others, but that huge comb at 4 weeks scares me since we are in a urban setting, we will see!

4. NightsInWhiteSilkies

NightsInWhiteSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2011
    lol...
    I think the first one almost looks like a chochin. I have 3 of them and their 4 weeks old and your feathers on the first look similair to mine.
    I need to take some pics of them but their names are plucker, clucker and focker. The big one pecks at the little one some times. The middle one clucks or makes the most noise and the little one has no fear and is hopping all over and the first to venture out of the broader so I have a funny feeling he is going to be my little focker and the first to do most of the daredevil little chickedee things. haha.

5. stefzbiz

Oct 3, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I think the chest bumps are the funniest thing ever! Trouble the brown one got the name for starting all the fun with the group, always the first to try, etc

6. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

RattlesnakeRidgeWV Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    My money says Trouble and Poopie are both roos at 4 weeks old with those combs, sorry!

7. VI KING RANCH

VI KING RANCH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    Quote:Poopie is a silky and I see NO comb development what so ever!

8. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

how many toes do they have. do cochins have 5 toes??? if they dont it might be able to tell cochin from silkie. poopie looks like a brabanter, srry if miss spelled. but idk if they have feathered feet. cute chicks whatever they are. i love the chick in the first pic

9. stefzbiz

Oct 3, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl
    they all have black legs and 5 toes, all have featheringlegs and on their feet , trouble the brown one has a big walnut looking comb, and regular bird feathers.
    Raptor is the cream color with regular feathers and the beginnings of a comb.

poopie is orange, no comb, and quack is gray no comb

bbut I agree w

rattlesnake that trouble and raptor may be roos, this is my first try with chickens, and I have learned some funny lessons already! Like just because that lady said they were silky's does not mean they are [​IMG]

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I would say they are all silkie mixes. Maybe some cochin in there.. Where did you get them? They are cute either way [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by