nursecat9

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
28231_p1010380.jpg
28231_p1010382.jpg
28231_p1010383.jpg
28231_p1010385.jpg

So what do you think? I have some suspicions, but I'm not sure, and would love your expert advice! Thanks!

Quote:
I know...The day after I got them, I was going thru looking at wings, and thought, oh no... I've got a ton of boys! Much to my delight, by the next morning, longer feathers! Out of 33, I think I only have 3 roos! I am so pleased with Strombergs. This is the 2nd time I've ordered from them, and even though they aren't the actual hatchery, I've received my chicks much quicker than if I went thru a hatchery. I've had 100% survival rate except for an EE with a crossbeak that stopped eating at about 3 weeks of age. I figured bc she was an EE the genes may not have been the best. They sent 28 my 1st order, and 33 my second order when I ordered 25!

Anyway....my guesses are partridge, partridge, red, and barred!

Quote:
So I just went and checked....The yellow one shown here is def. darker than than my buffs (and I have 3 that are this darker shade with the same wing pattern, and 3 buffs) , which made me think red. I can't find any pics of reds that are a couple days old.
he.gif
I don't know if they have any pattern to their wing feathers or not.

Quote:
No, but it's exactly what my husband said!!! He says I have a problem!
lau.gif
gig.gif

I know I know
frow.gif

Those baby cochins are too cute!!!!

Really I have no idea.
idunno.gif

But they are such nice looking chicks.

I had one that looked exactly like the first one only bare legs. This is him/her at 4 wks

click to enlarge

I still haven't gotten an answer that I can confirm by seeing a pic that is similar. But I have been told everything from EE to game bird. If you think it might be helpful, here is the link to my question and a pic of him/her as a young chick. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=209575

Just
saw the light dot on the last ones head. Is there such thing as a barred rock cochin???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom