What are these blueish/grayish black chicks, and the jet black one?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Angie8eggs, May 4, 2016.

1. Angie8eggs

Angie8eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    EVERYTIME I try to post this, it disappears, so I might have a thousand threads :rolleyes:
    Anyway the two grayish ones, one is a Roo and the other a pullet. Their legs are black with orange outlining. They were to be Australorps, same as the jet black one. For the life of me, I know her legs are dark, but I can't remember now if there is some orange to them.:/
    This is the gray/blue Roo-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jet black one
    [​IMG]
    And a side by side of the difference in the color. Even their combs are different.
    [​IMG]
    With their combs being different, I know they aren't all Australorps..what do I have :jumpy

Thanks for any help!!/D

2. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012
    Just bump bumping this up! If anyone told me one was a pterodactyl, I will be excited :D . Just want have an idea! [​IMG]

3. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012
    :caf :fl

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 November....... my favorite month Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    The black one looks like an Australorp, the blue one has a rose comb right? Maybe a Wyandotte? But it's legs aren't the right color [​IMG].

5. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012
    That's what I am thinking- rose. Then sometimes I look at it and think pea comb. Darn things! lol I will find out in a month or so for sure, I guess lol Thanks for your reply! :D

6. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    It's definitely a rose comb rather than a pea comb. No particular breed stands out to me. Could they be a mix?

7. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012

They're from tractor supply..so who knows [​IMG] My tractor supply this year was very disappointing with their chicks. NOTHING was labeled. It either said "Pullet" or "Straight Mix". I googled and I *think* this is what they could be-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 November....... my favorite month Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I don't think so, because it has a rosecomb. I'm thinking some sort of mix.

9. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012
    You are so right about the
    Comb! I totally missed that! [​IMG] Thank you! Can't wait to see them all grown up. Looks like they will be beauties! :)

10. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    They might be blue wyandottes. There are a couple hatcheries that have them. Do they have yellow skin? It's hard to tell in the photos. The best way to check is to see what color the bottom of their feet are.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by