what are these chicks?!? HELP! pictures.....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by captainmommy3, Sep 30, 2012.

1. captainmommy3

captainmommy3 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    ok so i bought 4 baby chicks at atwoods as i have found before they do not sort breed very well.... i got the 2 Black one they are [​IMG]

supposed to be australorps the yellow one is a golden sexlink and the little stripe on it a [​IMG][​IMG]

"golden sexlink" ( yeah right ) anyway i need help with what the big balck one is i kinda think she a jersey giant shes WAAAY bigger than the others even the othersorry my tabley messed up the typing and picture placement australorp and the little stripe one is obviously not a sexlink but i think shes a mix between an EE from the blueish grey legs and maybe a welsummer or a brown leg[​IMG]

horn....any help i am trying to figure out what my egg collection basket will be looking like. [​IMG]
    notice the HUGE black one. [​IMG]

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    the black ones does look like Austrolorps, the other I am not sure?

3. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    well the only thing that gets me is how much bigger she is than all the others seems strange

4. thebanthams

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    rooster? wait another week and see what happens.

5. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    they are 5 weeks and there is no sign of spurs that i can see....

6. thebanthams

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    spurs shows up much later !! around 5 months old

7. chichichickapea

chichichickapea Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2012
    The whitest looking one reminds me of my Golden Comets (Golden Sexlinks)...don't know about the blacks, my black australorps were no bigger than my other biddies and they each had a white feather on the bottom/underneath side of their wing.....that last one looks like it might have some Brown leghorn mixed with an Easter Egger

8. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    i would feel sorry for it if it is a boy because his comb is only as big as the other girls, i personally dont think its a roo but i guess time will tell

9. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    I know this thread is old but I am coming back to confirm that the big black one is a jersey she's not a rooster and she has an awesome personality ....thanks for the help but I guess time has the best answers

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. mrsc1951

mrsc1951 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Largo, Florida
    If it is a Jersey Giant the bottoms of her feet will be yellow, if another Australorp they will be pink. That's the only difference that I know about at that age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by