What are these? Do they look okay?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Laskaland, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
  2. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Yes they do. I wonder if that picture is the only one the person had, and maybe it is not current. Maybe the picture was taken when the birds were 8-10 weeks old, and the age given in the add is still the correct one. They look like some sort of sex-linked layer to me, but I am no expert.

You might check it out if you are in the market. Don't forget you will need to quarantine the new ones if you get any.

3. P@P@2four

[email protected]@2four Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2008
    Port Deposit, MD
    Looks like Golden Comets to me...

4. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    They arn't 18 weeks in the picture. If they were they would be starting to comb out look nice. They are golden comets or Isa Browns. They will lay very good

5. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    looks just like my red sex-link hen.

6. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    The housing they are in looks very dirty. if you get them, i would be sure to seperate them from the rest of the flock.

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Quote:I agree. I bought some of those one time. Just prepare for feeding frenzy! They lay well but will eat you out of house and home. Mine loved me so much they would actually mob me.

8. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I think they look like my Red Sex Links too. If so, mine layed first out of my whole flock and even with the cold weather, they are still laying an egg a day!!! And they are very friendly too, at least mine are.
    Chrissie

9. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    They look exactly like my 7 week old red stars (RIR X W Leghorn). If you do want long lived, friendly, productive layers of brown shell XL eggs, then they are a top choice but you won't see eggs from those chicks until maybe end of Feb. I love my RS and have a buch for sale now here in the east coast.

To me they would be worth the wait.

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Thank you so much for the info! I sent an e-mail and I plan to go see them tomorrow!!
    I'll let you know what I find out!
    Christina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by