What are these for?

Nikki28

David Bowie is my co-pilot
11 Years
Dec 15, 2008
Okay mind you I am not domestic at all so this may be a dumb question but....

Justin's sister sent us these big white square 12" 'platters' (6 of them)
and these little white square 6" plates (6 of them)
Along with 2 white ceramic egg holders and 4 white bowls.

????????
What are the big and little plates for? On the shipping invoice they call them (the big ones) platters but why 6? and the little ones are so small I dont see the point of them.

What do I do with them? I'm not really a fan of plain white things anyway. I just thought it was a weird gift.
hmm.png

I'm not a house person realy either, but I'd venture to guess it's a 6 person dining plate set.
idunno.gif

I've seen square plates at bed bath beyond in the dinner ware section, so that's why that's my guess.

the big ones are regular eating plates i believe and the small ones are nice plates to put small things on for fancy occasions when you have a small dessert table i think. im not very homey myself but im not completely clue less

Thanks for the guess.

That was my first thought but they are so big and flat. We have had square dinning plates in the past but they were curved and 8"

I'll get some pics up when I am able to.

Also they are from Fishs Eddy
hu.gif

Use the big plate on bottom. This is your dinner plate. Set the small plate in the middle. This is your salad plate.

Too bad you don't enough bowls and egg cups to complete the 6 peice setting.

I LOVE square plates! I have my eye on some I want.

Quote:
Does this mean I'll need to cook and entertain?
wink.png

Why would you buy that for someone though? She did just have a baby so maybe she isn't all there due to hormones.

Also the egg holders look like an egg carton they each hold 12 eggs. I can understand that because we told her that we got laying hens.

Back
Top Bottom