What are these guys? (Mixes)*PICTURES*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sgt_dane, Jul 24, 2010.

1. sgt_dane

sgt_dane Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Lets see, i was told they could possibly have buff orpington, Wyandotte (was told he is the father of all), Cochin, and one more i cant remember.. but i went to the house and she had SO MANY different kinds of chickens that all lived together, theres no way they were all from JUST these birds! Do they look like a mix of anything in particular??
    Also, what do you think, roo or pullet? and what on earth colors are these?? theres three pictures of each bird.. side, top and front.

Chick 1
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chick 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick 3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chick 4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick 5
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have these other two, the parents were a mix of old english bantams, D'Uccles, wyandotte roo, Sebright, and im pretty sure thats it.. again, what breed mix do you think, color and sex?
    chick 6
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    chick 7
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I only know for sure is that the last one is a Duccle :)

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Wow! All shapes and sizes!

4. sgt_dane

May 16, 2010
    They are from two different people, close to the same age. I hatched the last two, theres actually three but one if them is a mottled black bantam, so i didnt need to post him here.. The two last ones are D'Uccle mixes but not sure what theyre mixed with and im not sure about the colors either.. they look like theyre laced but the colors are backwards.. not too sure.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Why, I do believe all of those are chickens!

They look very similar to chickens I have: feathers, beaks, legs, eyes, little beginnings of combs, etc. Yup, those are chickens. Plus, they're CUTE chickens.

Problem solved.
    [​IMG]

6. sgt_dane

May 16, 2010
    Quote:LMAO, yes theyre 100% Pure breed, solid Chickens! No goat or pig in these little guys!!

7. mrsp523

mrsp523 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    very pretty/handsome chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by