1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are these guys? Pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by EmtheFishLady, Feb 14, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    These guys were bought from a lady needing some extra cash. She claimed they were SQ americauna, they lay little sky blue eggs. But I've just been calling them Easter Eggers. They just roam the yard and roost on the dog lot at night. I don't put them up with my others because they aren't tame enough. There a rooster and two hens. Hens both look the same. What are they?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I caught them to see, and I'll be leaving them in a ground pen.

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    They look like they could be wheaton Ameraucanas. I'm not very familiar with that coloration but they look like some pics I've seen. What color are their legs?

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    They're true Ameraucanas. [​IMG] (no i in the name)

4. kandooshe

kandooshe Chillin' With My Peeps

100 % Ameraucana

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  5. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Hmm, I guess I should put them in the coop then. [​IMG]

I don't particularly like them. They don't run up to me and try to be my bud like my polish do. I'll put them in the coop though, don't want them to get eaten. I was actually thinking of selling them, but have no idea of their worth.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The unfriendly behavior is simply from them being new. I would say they're worth the same any other bantam is, possibly a little more. They're not top quality from the looks of the photos, but they are indeed less common than other bantams.

7. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Look like wheaten AM's to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by