What are these guys?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cozwurth, Aug 19, 2011.

1. cozwurth

cozwurth Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Franklin, VA
    I have looked around at several of the hatchery web sites to try to figure out what these guys are. So far I've only been able to identify the bantam as a Mille Fleur d'Uccle. Can anyone help me ID my birds?

This big guy is my standard size roo.

[​IMG]

My bantam roo. Mille Fleur d'Uccle?

[​IMG]

My black & white hen. Her legs & feet are yellow, if that makes a difference.

[​IMG]

And my Black & Brown hen.

[​IMG]

She seems to have been injured at some point in her past. She holds her right wing lower than her left, but it did not keep her from flying over the 6 foot fence of their kennel. Her feathers seem to be coming back in pretty good now, too. Not sure what caused her to lose them. The big roo shows the other hen most of the attention.[​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    ee roo
    sliver laced wayttone (sp)
    and looks like an ee hen

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:You're right, but it's Silver Laced Wyandotte. [​IMG]

4. JPHorvath

JPHorvath Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The hen in the bottom image the feather loses is due to a Rooster Riding her. I would say there is at least one rooster interested in her if not more. That is exactly what happens to a hen that has been mounted too frequently.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  5. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Looks like
    1. Standard Fevorelle
    2.Mille fluer
    3.Silver laced Wyndotte
    4. Im guessing an Easter egger or Amerucna

6. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    Quote:x2

7. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:Sorry, number 1 is not a Faverolles. They have 5 toes and feathers on their legs.

8. cozwurth

cozwurth Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Franklin, VA
    Wow... thanks for the quick replies.
    I'm still working on getting them used to me. They'll come around close, but the Wyandotte is still very skittish. When I toss out scratch she flaps and runs away, then comes right back to eat. The bantam is still a little spooky, too. The two EE's are very calm, and the roo will come right up to me, but I have not tried to touch him. I've had to catch the hen a couple of times to get a better look at her back and feet, so she's still a little spooky if she thinks I'm reaching for her. We've only had them for two weeks, so I guess they'll settle in soon enough.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

9. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Quote:ameracauna, bearded d'uccle, SL wyandotte, ameracauna

10. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Quote:Sorry, number 1 is not a Faverolles. They have 5 toes and feathers on their legs.

Well perhaps a cross? That rooster says favorelle, or at least part, because of the pattern and beard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by