What are these mystery girls? Any clue?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hezz, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hezz

Hezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    Does anyone have any clue as to what these girls are? They are about 3 weeks old now. My husband's uncle brought 9 of them to us, and they were supposedly from the assorted red pullet bin at tractor supply. We bought 6 of them a week earlier from a different tractor supply, and the ones we bought are all feathering in with red in them. However the ones he brought are feathering in ALL white! These are not any type of reds if you ask me. I'm thinking they're more on the the line of a Delaware maybe? Here are some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of this one with one of the reds we bought, it's a bit dark because my flash wasn't working, but you can definately see the difference....

[​IMG]

2. Hezz

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    ANYONE? Just a guess will do, honest. LOL!

3. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

White rock or white leghorn and americuana?

4. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    White Rock or White Leghorn . Delawares have a black tip to their tails I believe. But of course I am just guessing.

5. BirdyMe

BirdyMe Chillin' With My Peeps

Possibly Delawares, or Californians? It'll be easier to tell when they're completely feathered out. :)

6. Hezz

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    Ok yea, then they're definately not Delaware's because they have no black on them at all. I never had white hens before, so i'm not too familiar with what breed they could be. They must be some sort of Leghorn or Rock, maybe even crosses. I guess we won't know until they start laying. I do know that White Leghorn = white egg. So I guess we really won't know til then. Thanks for the info, it was very helpful (even if they were guesses). [​IMG]

P.S. I will post some more pics of them in a few weeks and see what they look like then, maybe someone can figure it out then. LOL

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  7. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    white leghorns will be skinny while white rocks will fill out and have a fuller chest. If you Google search both birds you will be able to see the difference in adults.

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Are they the tetra tints from last year? That'd be my guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by