What are these? They were supposeed to be Americaunas...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrwoodboat, Feb 16, 2013.

1. mrwoodboat

mrwoodboat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    So these were represented as being Americaunas but they look nothing like my other 6 hens or 2 Roos..anybody have any ideas? Sorry for the poor pictures but it is raining and snowing today here in SC after yesterdays 69 degree weather!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Is it just me, or does that roo have a buttercup comb...it might be a rose comb but in the pic it looks doubled up and cup shaped to me? So they are probably just easter eggers...most of the time people say they have an auracana or ameraucana it is actually just a mix known as an easter egger...unless all your birds are easter eggers...I don't know.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    ee's

4. RockerHen

RockerHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Chappells, SC
    EE roosters

5. mrwoodboat

mrwoodboat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    @ rockerhen- you are thinking they both are roos? One crows but the other doesn't plus it has more of a bustle than tail feathers...no waddles on either one though..the one we think is a hen, has a pink comb where the other has a deep red comb. The one that is crowing has spur buds and the other one doesnt...

6. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Looks to me like one hen, one rooster. But then again they both look like they have hackle feathers. Some colorings it is hard to tell for me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  7. RockerHen

RockerHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Chappells, SC
    From the pictures given, yes, both appear to be roosters. I haven't seen an EE hen with a comb anywhere near that size. The one with the paler comb just looks a little younger than the other. Maybe a picture of them dried may prove to be different, but both seem to have slender pointed hackles. and saddles. Here's one of my EE hens (right) for comparison.

[​IMG]

8. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are both Easter Egger roosters for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by