What are these ugly chickens??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Denece&Lacey, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    They were in an assortment of Banties. I know they are full blood not crosses. I just dont know what they are. I hope they are prettier when they grow up!! They are 2 months old. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    They look like Cochins to me.

3. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    I thought maybe they were but my other cochins are shorter and rounder. They really dont look like them. These are long legged.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    any chance they are brahmas? I'm a newbie, don't hassle me if my guess is way off, i just wanted to play the game.

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Can't help on the breed, but UNLIKE turkens/NNs which I just can't get warmed up to, your chicks truly are so ugly they are cute. [​IMG]

They actually look like they will be beautiful birds one day - the ugly duckling into a swan!

6. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    I hope they turn out cute!! There are only 2 that look like them. They are tall long legged. They arent silkies or cochins. Who knows!!!!

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    OMG! I have some of those SAME ugly chicks that I dont know what they are either. Mine are also bantam... Identical!! Except the backs of mine never feathered out right yet, so mine are even uglier lol. I assumed they were cochin crosses but they ARE longer legged than my pure cochins. Guess we can wait together to find out what they are lol. Mine are about a month old.

8. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    That first picture made me laugh. It looks like a mini-ostrich with fuzzy legs. Very cute! [​IMG]

9. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    They do look like little emus or something!! They dont have thier feathers either.They pictures just hide that a little!! I guess its a wait and see. Where did you get yours?

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm just guessing, but Brahmas...

Are you certain they are banties?....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by