What are these White Hens?

Blueeheeler

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2016
Patterson CA
I have 4 of these Hens from a local feed store. All 6 bought at the same time all the same size. 2 had colored legs (Ameraucana) one black and one red the others were all fluffy yellow chicks. I have looked at everything and can only determine they are a cross breed. They have Red combs ear lobes waffles white feathers almost everywhere. Some have yellow feathers around the neck. One has speckles of black festhers here and there. They all have yellow feet and they all lay brown eggs.

I am aware of the breed of the reddish tan Hen her name is Red and she is one of 2 Ameraucana Hens I have the other is black her Name is Bette.

Last edited:
They are probably white rocks. The yellowing of the feathers around their necks is just discoloration.

The one with the brown feathers is an Americana (Easter egger) I recently bought 6 but one flew over the coop fence and was lost. One of mine just started laying and they lay blue eggs.

What is the difference between EE and Ameraucana? By the way I only get blue eggs from my 2 hens there Ameraucana.

Last edited:
What is the difference between EE and Ameraucana?

Ameraucanas are a real breed that lay blue eggs that have specific traits they must have and come only in certain colors.

EEs, or Easter Eggers, are mixed breed birds that usually have pea combs and muffs but don't have to, and usually lay blue or green eggs but might not. However since they are just mixes they can really have any feature or can be any color. Any mixed breed bird that lays a blue or green egg is usually labeled as an EE.

Back
Top Bottom