What are these??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mike+4, Jan 23, 2011.

1. mike+4

mike+4 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Lakeland
    I got a dozen of chicks from a friend( he hatched them for someone and they never picked them up) Im not sure but they look like barred rocks? We ar far from chicken farmers but the kids love them and thats why we keep them. Thanks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    [​IMG]

Here are my guesses... (I think I see more than 12 chickens?)

Pic 1 - Is a Red Sexlink rooster, with his tail feathers pecked off?

Pic 2 - From top to bottom: Barred Rock or Barred Rock mix rooster, rooster from pic 1, Red Sexlink hen, Black Sexlink hen.

Pic 3 - Red bird is a Rhode Island Red rooster, black bird is a Black Australorp hen, red and white bird on the top left corner is a Red Sexlink, gold bird is to blurry to say.

Pic 4 - Top to bottom, left to right: Red Sexlink hen, Red Sexlink hen, mutt hen, Rhode Island Red hen, Barred Rock hen, Red Sexlink hen, Black Sexlink rooster, Red Sexlink hen, rooster from pic 1, rooster from pic 2, and white bird-? From the little I can see I'd say it's a rooster.

Pic 5 - Chicken closest to the cameraman is a Barred Rock hen. Chicken near the waterer is the rooster from pic 2. I can't see the other birds well enough to say.

BTW, ALL THE ONES I CALLED RED SEXLINK MAY BE MUTTS WITH RED SEXLINK IN THEM.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Basically what she said [​IMG]

lots of sex-links and lots of roosters!

4. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    pic 1 looks like a x breed male

pic 2 top to bottem looks like dark barred plymouth rock next looks like a x breed dont no the others

pic 3 is rhode island red male, australorp hen they r grait!!!!

pic 4 is left to right: is x hen, e breed hen, mutt hen, Rhode Island Red hen, Barred Rock hen, x breed hen, x breed rooster, x breed hen, rooster from pic 1, rooster from pic 2. the x breeds might be sex links [​IMG]

pic 5 is dark barred plymouth rock and dark barred plymouth rock hen the 1 at the back is a salmon faverolle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by