What are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Phoenix Farms, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Phoenix Farms

Phoenix Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    We got them out of an assorted bantam pen from the local Bucheit. The lavender colored one is bigger than the others. We have no idea what they are.

The big one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The little brown one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I see golden campine and mille fleur d'uccle. It's difficult to see the others well enough to guess.

3. Phoenix Farms

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    We know what the other chicks are. I bought the Mille fluer duccles and the others are Ameracaunas. Just the dark brown one and the lavender one are the unknown ones.

4. Panth

Panth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree...golden campine for the brown one, not sure about the "lavender" one, but I'm pretty sure that is a cockeral

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    were did you get them from? i can tell you that you do have a cockerel in the 2nd pic, a cockerel in the 3rd pic and 2 in the 4th pic

6. Phoenix Farms

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    I bought all of them at Bucheit. I have 3 cockerals that I'm sure of out of the D'uccles. What do yall think the campine is? Ive never heard of a campine before.

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i cant see it's comb well enough to say it's a campine as it could be a beardless ee but due to coloring at this point in time (it may change as it grows more) i am leaning towards cockerel baised on the coloring in the wings i see but again a bit to young, the others that i say are cockerel are due to coloring and comb development

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  8. Phoenix Farms

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    It is shaped more like a sebright than an Easter Egger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by