what are these

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gmomfarms, Mar 21, 2013.

1. gmomfarms

gmomfarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    SW Virginia
    This is my first year raising chicks. We bought 4 Rhode Island Reds, 4 Red Rock pullets, 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes, and 6 Cornish Rock (I died). The Red Rock pullets and the 3 of the Cornish Rock chicks are growing very quickly, feathering out nicely already, we bought them from Tractor Supply about a week and a half ago. 2 of the supposed Cornish Rocks look different and are still small fluffy chicks like the RI Reds and Wyandottes. They are white and are developing dark feathers on their wings only.
    [​IMG]
    Any guesses as to what they really are?

2. JoeyOsborne

JoeyOsborne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2013
    Cornwall, England, U.K
    i wouldn't be able to suggest any breeds at that age, i would contact the supplier and try either resolve the issue or find out from them what breed they really are[​IMG]

3. gmomfarms

gmomfarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    SW Virginia
    Thanks, but Tractor Supply is "a farmer's hardware store" and the best I will get out of them is that they were shipped as Cornish Rock crosses and sold as Cornish Rock crosses. They are mystery birds, I guess I will know more when they get more feathers. I was aiming for 5 or 6 layers and the rest will go in the freezer.

4. JoeyOsborne

JoeyOsborne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2013
    Cornwall, England, U.K
    oh right, well good luck to you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by