1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are they?update more pics.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by emvickrey, May 11, 2009.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    This is what I have been saying they are. The roo is a RIR. The two that look like twins except their saddles don't match are Silver Laced Wydonettes and the big hen in the middle I decided is a Jersey Giant. Am I right. I will get the other half of the adult flock on here to see if i'm right about them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I have no idea what it is.

[​IMG]

These are my Juvie pens
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

The two hens are Wyandottes, and I'm pretty sure your roo is actually New Hampshire, not RIR. I don't know about the buff hen, though, probably the same breed as your roo. I don't think she's a Jersey Giant, because that breed doesn't really come in the buff variety.

3. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    could that be a buff orpington?

4. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I have a buff that isn't that large and a lighter color. I will have to look up a New hampshire. The place I got these from had a poster up of what breeds that where in the bins but didn't say which where which. I don't remember a New Hampshire. I'll look it up.
    I figured the two in saddles where wydonettes. I have anothe roo I thought was a barred but somebody told me he was a Domonique. I will get more pics on here today. I have to send them from my phone to my email then to photobucket. I have very slow internet so it takes a while. But I will get them.

Another thing about the hen in the middle. She is also bigger than either rooster and lays a dark brown egg.

Thanks,

Anybody else.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    She's a RSL, not a JG or BO. The male looks like a production red.

6. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:What is RSL?

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Red sexlink

8. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    OK, if she is a red sexlink then what are the other red ones. I know one is a BO. the other two I first thought they where RIR's but only one has black on her tail feathers. I bought a bunch of RIR chicks,(which I also added pic of), and they are much darker than the adults. I don't know if you can see the other roo well enough but is he a Domonique?

There is a little one that I have no idea what she is. I have 2 of those.

There is a pic of my 2 mixes. The light one will have a rose comb and I think she came from the Domonique roo and wydonette hen. The red one I am guessing came from the red roo and the buff. I guess the buff becasue she gets breed the most. (Poor thing) It could be from the darker red hen she has given so many piggy back rides the long feathers on her wings are stripped of feathers there is just a shaft. Our next project is to make a bachelors pad for the roos and give the poor girls a break. The pic of the Youngsters pens will be made into 2 different bachelors pads. It will take a bit of renovating but they have to get out of there.

Anyway, I managed to get the rest of the pics off my phone and into my email. I will get them on here as soon as I can

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by