What are they??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephcraig78, Jul 1, 2016.

1. stephcraig78

stephcraig78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2016
    Rolla/St. James, MO
    [​IMG]Think this is a hen. Other buff I think is a rooster. [​IMG]
    Now the two turkeys. Can you tell if they are rio grande or bourbon red. And also we think a boy and a girl. Judging by tail feathers. Neither has tried strutting or gobbling. [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    That's the black sex link. Boy?
    [​IMG]
    This the Cochin/silkie mix I think that's what it is. Maybe you can tell me!

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    The Orpington is a pullet. As for the turkeys, all I can say is they are not Bourbon reds. The black sex link is a pullet, if it is a sex link. Pullets are black with red in the hackles and chest. Cockerels are barred. I think you are correct in thinking your mix is a silkie/Cochin.

3. stephcraig78

Apr 18, 2016
    Rolla/St. James, MO
    Awesome so there are two Orpington. The first one laying down we think is pullet. The second is a face shot of the other one that we think is a roo. The turkeys have totally different tail feathers so we were thinking the one with black bar on tail is a tom. Other is girl. Thanks for info!!

4. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Both BO look like girls, but will need a full body shot of the second one to confirm. Can't help with the turkeys. BSL also appears to be a pullet. Mix could be Cochin/Silkie.

How old are your chickens?

5. stephcraig78

Apr 18, 2016
    Rolla/St. James, MO
    We think the mixed Cochin is a roo can you tell by the red on his face? None of them have tried crowing yet. He does closest to crow I've heard.

6. stephcraig78

Apr 18, 2016
    Rolla/St. James, MO
    The BO's and BSL are around 3 mths now. The rest are about 2 mths. The frizzle is slightly younger-maybe only a month or slightly more.

7. stephcraig78

Apr 18, 2016
    Rolla/St. James, MO
    Not sure why but I can't get the pics you asked for to upload. Will keep trying though. On the Cochin mix, it has a red lump on its beak and red around its eyes now. The second buff also has red around its eyes too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by