What are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Nielisse, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Nielisse

Nielisse Just Hatched

Feb 13, 2017
    Delaware
    Been collecting these guys and have no idea what kind they are. Except I think three are silkies? Any help would be appreciated. I know the larger four are Easter eggers. They don't all stay in this box, was refreshing the other box at the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Too much of a jumble - individual photos please - need to see front views of each to check the combs, and naturally standing side views to check for other gender/breed clues.
    Color of legs is important and with silkies, they should have 5 toes- dark feet, comb, skin

2 people like this.
  3. Nielisse

Nielisse Just Hatched

Feb 13, 2017
    Delaware
    This is one bird. So sweet and friendly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And another

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another type

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nielisse

Nielisse Just Hatched

Feb 13, 2017
    Delaware
    And this gal right here she's my favorite first little yellow baby chick I ever had. But don't know what kind she is.
    [​IMG]

Rhode island red next to her?

[​IMG]

5. willow5038

willow5038 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2017
    Somewhere in Idaho
    I'm not an expert on chickens by any means, but I can assure you that the only silkie you have that you posted an individual picture of is the white/brown one with the black skin. Any of the chicks you have with black skin and down feathers will be silkies... I'm not sure what kinds your other chickens are.

6. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Not sure of the breed of the first one but it's looking to be a Cockerel. The second a Silkie and the third ? These are my guesses.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  7. willow5038

willow5038 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2017
    Somewhere in Idaho
    After looking more into it, the first one I am still unsure of, but can guess that you're right and it's a black splash cockerel chick. The second is still 100% a silkie, but the third isn't. The third doesn't have black skin, but I am almost certain it is a white cockerel. I looked up pictures, and they are almost identical to your third chick. I hope this helped!

8. Nielisse

Nielisse Just Hatched

Feb 13, 2017
    Delaware
    ok, ty .they are looking so rough right now. all akward. they have feathers though. i thought they were supposed to be poofy. they have a mixture of soft poofy stuff and feathery feathers so im so confused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by