What are we? #2

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickfever, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    These are my original 7. I think the roo is a brown leghorn....5 of the hens black sex link and the other one....I thought it was a red sex link....not sure now. Maybe a RIR?
    [​IMG]

I have no idea. This is the roo that keeps standing up to the one above [​IMG]. I have a side view of him too if that would help.
    [​IMG]

Here is the pullet that goes with the above roo. Any idea?
    [​IMG]

This little lady was so cute out there. She was right at my shoulder and was watching me take everyone's pic. She even looked at the display in the camera when I got close enough [​IMG]. She is one of those that could be any combination of barred rock, RIR, &/or BO. What is she?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  2. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Bumping cause I'd really LOVE to know what those little fuzzy feathered chickens are.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

The one you think is a RIR looksl like production red/ hatchery RIR. And as for the rest...Sorry don't know... They are frizzled somethings. Maybe frizzle pyle leghorns mixed with something that produces slate feet??

4. chickenboy

chickenboy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2007
    Woolwich,ME
    that chicken in the first picture that is brownish reddish is a production red. I have some of those and they're great egg layers.

5. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

The first rooster is probably not a Leghorn because he has a red earlobes, but I'm not sure what he is- other than handsome. [​IMG]

The frizzle looks like it may be a Polish/Leghorn?

The pullet in the last pic looks like an itty bitty Buff Orp. I have Buff Orp/RIR mixes and they show a lot more red.

Where did you get them? [​IMG]

6. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I thought that after I posted she was a RIR she might be a production red. Those original 7 were bought from someone who bought them from someone who bought them from the 4H auction. And, my roo is my fav. He is very beautiful/handsome and pics can't do him justice. Could he be a gamey mixed bird?

As for the BO, she's only about 9 wks old....is that about the right size?

The Barred Rock, RIR, and/or BO came from one person, the white ones and fuzz balls from another. The lady who had the red/orange ones knew that they were a combination of those listed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by