What are we exactly?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lolita, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    In my learning process of incubating I tried to hatch a dozen random eggs from a neighbor almost 2 months ago.
    7 hatched and I wanted to ask can you tell me the breeds and who the boys are, please? I mean I hope the pictures are good enough for that. Thank you! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    The pictures are looking kinda skewed on my screen, but it looks like there are some muffs? and I saw a white one with *green* legs? Those signs of an Easter Egger I believe

3. BCCFarm

BCCFarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2009
    BCC Arizona
    the black ones look like black australorp, and i saw a rhode island red in the 7th pic, hopefully that helped a little [​IMG]

4. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    1) Easter Egger. Face looks a little boyish, but not really sure. Check the tail, straight tails are female, curved are male.
    2) Black/with copper leaking, maybe a Black Sex-Link hen, or beardless E.E. Looks like a girl.
    3) Black with beard Easter Egger hen is my guess.
    4) White with beard Easter Egger, don’t have a guess to gender.
    6)
    7) Black with beard, does have a curved tail which often means male. But, I have noticed some of my Easter Egger pullets had a curved tail. Those E.E and Silkie are little sneaks.
    8) Redish chicks. Two reds look like RIR, the one with the head showing looks like a hen, the other one seems to have a black shorter/curvy tail, so I am thinking boy. The two red/whites look like Sex-Link hens of a sort.
    Good luck with the munchkins.

5. DIMBY

DIMBY Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Western Colorado
    I agree, the black with the copper leaking is a Black sex link hen, perhaps a Black Star? I have two and they look just like that one.

6. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    Thank you for all the help [​IMG] There are 2 black, 1 white and 4 red like just for your info.

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I agree.

8. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Black sex-links and Black Stars are the same thing [​IMG]

9. chicken obsessed

chicken obsessed Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2009
    I think you have easter eggers and I definitely saw a red sex-link, the black one is possibly a black sex link, and I think I saw a rhode island red too

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. G Wiz Ranch

G Wiz Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Lompoc, CA
    Don't take it personal but they are all mutts. There is no way to know your mixes without knowing what roos and hens your neighbor has. I agree that the black with the red on the breast look like black sex links. Maybe they had a RIR roo and some BR hens, one of the reds looks like a red sex link.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by