What are we? Mystery feed store chicks!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CherieAmie, Mar 21, 2013.

1. CherieAmie

CherieAmie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2012
    South Dakota
    I picked up several feed store chicks, and so far I've been able to ID all but these two. Any ideas?

Chick 1 was picked up from the bantam bin at TSC. She (please be a girl!) is a mixture of blue, white, yellow, and hints of red. She also appears to have rather puffy cheeks, and smooth legs. Maybe an Easter Egger?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 2 was picked up out of a straight run chick bin at a local feed store. I think they're supposed to be laying breeds, but "straight run chicks" could be about anything. "She" has very dark chipmunk stripes, and just look at those beautiful feathers coming in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alliecat2886

alliecat2886 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you picked up an ee from our tsc I might have to hurt you!! Lol. Jk. They are super cute tho!!

3. CherieAmie

Aug 23, 2012
    South Dakota
    I didn't even have the thought that's what it could be until I got home and saw the puffy cheeks! All the EE's I've had before have had dark chipmunk stripes, but I just can't think of anything else that would have puffy cheeks, pea comb, and clean legs... [​IMG]Anyone have any other ideas? OEGB?

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    The first two are most likely EEs (which is a mix 'breed' anyway, so slate legs aren't a guarentee with them).

The last looks like a gold laced wyandotte.

5. CherieAmie

Aug 23, 2012
    South Dakota
    That would make me extremely happy! I love EE's and I've been wanting a gold laced wyandotte for quite some time! [​IMG] Thanks for weighing in!

6. JacqueOCS

JacqueOCS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2013
    CherieAmie - I purchased Gold Laced Wyandottes today at the local Rural King. Just FYI in case you have a RK near you :)

7. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    I was thinking GLW on the second, too. I don't have any idea what the first is, but she is so beautiful! You should post pictures of her as she get older, keep us updated :)

1 person likes this.
  8. CherieAmie

Aug 23, 2012
    South Dakota
    Thanks! I don't think we have one anywhere near us though. :( Do your chicks look like this one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by