What are we.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fishkiller, Aug 16, 2007.

1. fishkiller

fishkiller Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2007
    A traveling neighbor brought back a couple chickens that we are trying to identify. Here are two pictures. Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pharr389

pharr389 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    southeast georgia
    game?

mine
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  3. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    Those are a pullet and a cockeral. They look like game chickens. (fighting type)

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I agree, girl and boy of some type of game bird.

5. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    What about being Phoenix? hen tail points down where game hens' tail are upright like most chickens? Plus wrong type of single comb for Games?

6. fishkiller

fishkiller Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2007
    Thanks everyone for the quick replies. The rooster crowed this morning.[​IMG] Would anyone be able to tell possible age of these? They are pretty calm and seem very nice. If they are fighting type, does that mean they will automatically get mean and nasty? They were pretty mellow yesterday.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The rooster looks like a Modern Game-super long legs is why I say that.

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I was thinking game because of the legs and body too. The tails might be down because they are probably still scared and haven't perked up. Game birds aren't nasty birds as they are made out to be. They are just like any other bird and can be really nice. Only time they become nasty is when people train them to be nasty, and that nastiness is trained in them to be directed towards other roosters for pure human entertainment...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by