What are we???

melissastraka

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Hoquiam, WA
These are my new babies. I got them at 5 weeks old and they are about 3 months now. We got about 30 of them and these are the ones i dont know about. I thought i got BR and Silver Wyndottes but now I dont know what these are or their gender...any guesses?

My BR

23778_imga0043.jpg

23778_imga0044.jpg

And my unknown

23778_imga0045.jpg

23778_imga0046.jpg

Could one be a Dom and an EE??? LOST!!!

The black chick looks like a sex-link/black star to me too - the grey legs, single comb, & black body with brown chest & neck feathers - looks just like our black stars.

Yes, they are bred to be easily sexed as chicks and are great layers. I believe they are a cross between a barred rock and a RIR - can't remember which one has to be the hen. The boy chicks look like barred rocks when they are little, which is why yours had you so confused. The female chicks end up being black with varying degrees of brown on their chests & necks. We have a few and they are some of our friendlies chickens.

on the barred rock or dom is there any golden/red showing in the feathering if so you could have another sex link there too where did you get these chicks/pullets/cockerals from?

Back
Top Bottom